Are you thinking about a career in management and administration? Our Business T Level will give you the skills, knowledge and experience to set you on the path towards your ideal career.
This course has been designed in collaboration with employers and businesses, so that you will learn everything you need to prepare for the workplace.
You’ll develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector and get the chance to specialise in subjects that support your interests. You’ll undertake a practical work placement in a real-world environment, giving you the opportunity to learn from professionals on-the-job and utilise your new skills and knowledge.
Equivalent of three A Levels, T Levels also give you the option to move onto university or a higher apprenticeship once you’ve completed the programme.
What you'll learn
What you learn
The Business T Level will help you develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
- Business context: an overview of organisational cultures and values, different types of internal and external stakeholders, different forms of governance and the impact of organisations on society and the environment
- Project and change management: an understanding of the common change management theories and models and how to support and improve projects
- Business behaviours: the importance of good communication and adapting social communication styles to professional standards and according to purpose, medium and audience
- Quality and compliance: the importance of maintaining and improving quality in all aspects of public and private sector organisations
You’ll then choose a specialism designed to support your interests, so you can get deeper into your chosen subject and build up the skills you need for your future job. You can choose from specialist modules such as:
- business improvement
- team leadership management
- business support
- information management
How you'll learn and be assessed
Around 80% of your time will be spent in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where you’ll put these skills into practice.
After successful completion of the Business T Level, you will receive an overall grade of pass, merit, distinction or distinction. You will get a nationally recognised certificate which will show your overall grade and a breakdown of what you have achieved.
To help T Level students get into higher education, UCAS tariff points will be allocated to T Levels. UCAS points will only be allocated to the overall T Level grade.
Find out more about how T Levels are graded on the government website.
Once you complete your Business T Level, there are several options that are available to you. These include moving into full-time employment, an apprenticeship or higher education.
To help T Level students get into higher education, UCAS tariff points have been allocated to T Levels, which means they will be equivalent to three A Levels.
Career options might include working as a business improvement coordinator, team leader or project support.
You will be required to have five GCSEs at Grade 4 and above this must include English and maths.